Sunday, 11 November 2012

GC Fashion Festivus

My darling hubby & I went to the inaugural  Brisbane Vintage Fashion Fair on the Gold Coast. I was keen to check out this fair seeing as I missed the last BVFF in September. There were many familiar sellers there, but the fair was fairly small compared to the one at Eagle Farm. I tried on a few frocks but didn't purchase any. I ran into the gorgeous Trudie of  My Vintage Vow. She looked stunning in a glorious orange maxi frock & THAT fabulous new haircut. After a good look at the vintage goodies Mr P & I headed to Vintage Espresso down at Mermaid Beach for some lunch. It was featured in the Frankie Spaces magazine & it does good coffee in a funky vintage setting.






 Some treasures from Hobohemia at Paddington



The Vintage Junkyard stall





 Mr P kind of liked this corduroy number, but it would be like walking around in a sauna here in Qld!


 LOVE enamel brooches!


 Cassies Corner had one of the most beautiful hanky boxes I've ever seen.


 How cool is this telephone bag?! It actually works!





 Truly scrumptious Trudie
Love her thrifted handbag



 One of my favourite sellers Chris of Remember When


1/43 Alfred Street
Mermaid Beach





The spread in Frankie Spaces magazine



Outfit Details.....

Vintage maxi frock - 99cent score on Ebay
Green pendant necklace - Ebay
Green rosary beads - from Treasured Tam
Vintage typewriter bracelet - from Mr P
Green button ring & earings - Dolly Did It
Brown bag - Christchurch op shop
Shoes - Retail

19 comments:

  1. This looks like so much fun, I would love to look through all those dresses. I love your dress too, cannot believe it was 99cents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it completely sad that I know which sellers were there just by looking at the pics, because I know their props and stock so well?! Isn't Chris a darling, I was next to her last week at Kustom Kulture Karnival at Acacia Ridge. Love that maxi, it's one of the best I've seen on you yet.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quiet seriously the loveliest maxi I saw today was yours, it is perfection on you and the colours had you looking so radiant. Thanks for the lovely words my sweet, you're precious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your 99-cent frock is glorious - can you imagine the price tag if it was sold at the fair? As usual I'm having a wonderful perve over your GREEN accessories, love the pendant and rosary nestled up there together:). I WANT that UJ suitcase and telephone bag ... too bad I have to pay my phone bill - oh god I just made a joke - aren't I just so FREAKIN' hilarious? Thank you for your kind comment on my blog hon. xoxoxoxoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Among all the vintage fabulousness, you stand out in that amazing dress, Leisa! It's a beauty and one of my favourites of all your many gorgeous dresses. I would have enjoyed a browse, even if I didn't buy anything. All those frocks and sunnies and brooches, lovely! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look incredible, I agree with Curtise that even in front of all that gorgeousness you stand out from it all. How fab to meet Trudie, too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow a great range of vintage goodies there for sale. Love your dress your wearing and Trudie looked lovely to its always nice to meet up with fellow bloggers. dee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that phone bag is quite something and I am rather taken with the union jack luggage. You look as lovely as ever and Mr P is quite the man-equin. Oh, I am having a giveaway do pop over and enter :) Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. How bloody fabularse do you look in that simply DIVOON frock?! And your hair?!
    I may faint....
    O,to have been hanging out with you, there's SO much goodness in this post,and SO much I could have gone broke for!!! SQUEE! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love knowing you were out and about in vintage heaven yesterday!!:) LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that dress on you...think it would be one of my favourites on you...looks so pretty xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh VBG you look just lovely in that amazing dress! The fair looks like it was a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your dress. The print is fabulous. The Fair looks amazing. I love that telephone bag.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your maxi dress - such a bargain at 99c! That fair looks great, especially those enamel brooches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The fair looks amazing, I want to go! Also you absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is an amazingly gorgeous floral maxi. You look gorgeous in it. The telephone bag - LOL, it's great. Phone bags today could maybe hold my keys?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow I live in Brisbane too! I wish I'd known that this was on, I had no idea they even did vintage events in Brisbane. Oh well, will know for next time :D

    http://suburbanretro.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi there, І dеsire to subѕcribе foг this webрage to obtaіn hottest updаtes, theгefore where can i do
    it please help.
    Also visit my webpage - Dating

    ReplyDelete
  18. Forget anything in that post that you visited darl, that dress you are wearing IS THE BEST!!! 10/10! Kel x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!