Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Anodised Apple Amore

I was looking through my favourite local oppy yesterday, when I spotted this glorious glistening apple ice bucket. There was another lady who was looking at the items right next to said apple, & I must admit I squeezed past her & made a grab for it before she had a chance to get to it. I held it lovingly in my arms like a mother would a baby......precious, my precious! Just as well my usual op shopping partner & bestie Jess had to work, as I can just imagine our dilemma over which one of us would take this home!


I think these anodised ice buckets were produced in the 1960's. I've often admired them in vintage shops & on Ebay, but could never justify paying the high prices. This one cost me $20, which is more then I would usually pay at an oppy, but so cheap compared to anywhere else.  I must say I never expected to see one in an op shop, especially in such good condition....I can only wonder who would donate such a beautiful thing.  Just goes to show you never know what might show up next!





Hooray to an exciting op shop find!

12 comments:

  1. WOW...these are sooo expensive to buy now...one recently sold on EBay for over $200

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so neat, it looks quite big!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious, I sold the identical one to that last week at the vintage fair, it even had "made in Australia" stamped on the bottom! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is indeed a thing of red apple-y beauty! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a score, congratulations you and your gorgeous bundle of apple must be so happy. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a total sweetie!!!
    Don't you love it when you've got that score firmly in your hands?!

    I'm loving that clock, too! G is dead keen for one of those!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. ooohhhh thats gorgeous what a brilliant find ;-)) I still want your coloured canisters i love those to ;-). dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing find and I'm very, very impressed with your op-shopping skills - yep gotta grab it and don't let go until you've got it in the car!! The ice bucket looks so at home with it's beautiful canister friends:) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Did you have your Husband with you?" Because mine would have also said no to a giant apple. *LOL* I probably would have said: "You know I normally listen to you but not this time" (STILL WISHING I HAD SAID THAT ABOUT GIANT HEAD SANTA) *ahahah*
    That apple is awesome and you scored big time.
    It looks great with your other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my, I love this, Space Apple!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow that's cool! I can't imagine why someone would turf that out! I've never seen one like that. Good hunting!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!