Monday, 15 October 2012

My Obsession

Any regular readers of this blog will know that I have a bit of a thing for accessories. Some might class it as an addiction, I would call it an ever growing obsession collection. I have received many as gifts, & have kept a lot from my childhood, but I have accumulated a lot from op shops too. The clutter was starting to stress me a bit as I am fast running out of room to store it all on my dressing table, & I like my clutter to be organized at least. I spied these old sewing drawers at my local Lifeline store. Someone has added an extra drawer to the top, & changed the handles. I thought I could use it to store some of my jewellery. It cost $19, which I think was a pretty good price, as they cost a lot more at most antique shops & vintage fairs. I saw some the other day at Paddo at $120 for 3 drawers!






 Vintage spoon rack for long necklaces


 Lots of trinket bowls for brooches & rings


 A photo frame to hang special & bulky pieces



 A drawer for bangles


Another for beads



 Lipsticks are in the top open drawer


You didn't think I could resist a few more accessories to go with it did you????


 Vintage brooch - Vinnies 50cents



 Red & clear beads - Vinnies


A cluster of pink beads - Vinnies


Some more knucklebone beads, this time in navy - Endos


Old turquoise beads with funny clasp & makers mark - Lifeline


17 comments:

  1. OMGoodness Vintage Bird Girl, I cannot believe how many blingy bits you've got! Mine in total would not fill one of those gorgeous little drawers. Do you think they're from an old Singer?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOHHHH! I am very impressed with your splendid collection!! I love the beautiful timber drawers and the spoon rack for necklaces is a FABULARSE idea! ENVIOUS! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the drawers.....and I'm on the lookout for some

    ReplyDelete
  4. love seeing all your amazing accessories....how do you ever choose which ones to wear? I love the drawers...the handles are gorgeous...have admired drawers like them myself...xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're as bad as I am with the jewelry! Love the drawers. It's nice to be able to see what you've got. And it's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. those drawers are great! and i think you got an amazing deal! i'm jealous of all your accessories! i have a lot of brooches, but I never find cute necklaces and rings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, I really adore collection organization posts! Collections are just so pretty! I absolutely love that gorgeous wooden dresser and your new drawers. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm always searching for more jewellery ideas, probably because I keep buying more sparkly baubles and I love the spoon rack idea too! What a glorious collection!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sewing drawers are exactly the same as the ones on the table that my sewing machine sits on. Great idea to put jewellery in them. I love your brooch and brightly coloured beads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those sewing drawers are beautiful, and your dressing table really reminds me of mine. I need to do something like this because I can never throw old jewellery out and there are bits scattered all over the place. Your jewellery looks like a beautiful display the way you have it laid out here. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous display,love the spoon rack idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is one amazing collection. It puts my meagre bits to shame. The drawers are gorgeous and the spoon rack is genius. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your dressing table and the drawers look fantastic, so much prettiness!
    I used the catalogue drawers I bought for jewellery too.
    Love all your new additions too. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. the sewing drawers are a bargain! I love them! you've got such a great collection - why stop now? That turquoise necklace is darling

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow what a gorgeous collection of jewellery you have ;-) And those draws are blinking lovely WOW they look wonderful on the dressing table and i love the spoon rack idea for your necklaces. dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What wonderful pictures, i'm drooling at your gorgeous storage! Those drawers with the ceramic knobs are just wonderful! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! What an amazing collection of accessories!! Lots of wonderful storage ideas - LOVE the vintage drawers :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!