Thursday, 25 October 2012

Blue Frock Friday

This weeks Frock Friday is coming a little early. Mr P & I are off to the Sunshine Coast tonight for a long weekend at our family unit. I'm hoping my body will cooperate & let me visit my favourite coast op shops...I'm in need of a fix! I'll have about 16 stores to choose from so I might have to be selective. I think a dip in the ocean might be good medicine too...although there won't be any photographic proof of that. Which you'll thank me for.

This frock was one of those exciting vintage finds, "new with tags". There is something extra special about finding something old that's never been worn before. I bought this one at Retro Metro in Paddington. Thankfully it's a cool poly frock....I didn't think cool + polyester was possible!






 Outfit Details........

Ducat frock - Retro Metro
Tooled handbag - Ebay
Shoes & belt - Retail
Ring - Diva
Vintage brooch/pendant, Vintage brooch & bracelet 







13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous deadstock frock! I LOVE it! And there's my favourite brooch... so beautiful! Hope you have a great weekend up the coast, eat loads of yummo food, have a lovely swim, and fingers crossed to good health! Big hugs, Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course there is something special about a dead stock frock. Little happy dances ensue.
    You look lovely in blue.
    Wishing you a lovely weekend away, all the best for lucky vintage finds and good health.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding deadstock! What a sweet frock and you've got the perfect jewellery to wear with it. Have a great time at the weekend - time at the sea can work wonders:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous dress and jewels. I hope you have a great weekend away, and I hope you make it to all 16 and find something fabulous!

    Is that a singing bird I spy amongst your curios????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a Japanese tweeting bird. I'm still searching for one of those old clock bird cages too. You know I love anything bird related! Still waiting for those pesky meds to kick in....at least I hope they do soon! Xx

      Delete
  5. Go girl! Dig you in blue and nothing better than a new/old frock find. Have a fab, relaxing weekend and may the op shopping gods be watching over you whilst you fossick in all those shops ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always feel guilty taking the tags off dead stock finds, it seems such a shame after the label's been attached for years! Have a fantastic trip! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the frock but was totally distracted by the antlers and blue birds on the wall behind you! They are fab!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz....my antlers are one of my most prized possessions! Xx

      Delete
  8. I think that just might be my favourite frock of yours yet. It's lovely and you look goegeous in it. Have a lovely tine on the coast x

    p.s. did you paint those gorgeous cups and saucers you've used as the background for your jewellery? Wow if you did (and wow, if you didn't)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment. The teacup picture is a lift out from a past Frankie magazine. They have a different poster in each issue. So no, I'm not THAT clever! ;)

      Delete
  9. Divine frock, and I love how you used that wide belt and those gorgeous accessories. New old stock is the best. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, there is definitely something special about finding a vintage item with it's tag still on! The dress is gorgeous, great print, and accessorised to perfection, as always.
    Have a lovely time on your trip. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!