Monday, 20 August 2012

One Final Thrift....Petticoat Junction

So I had one last quick trip around our local op shops today with my bestie Miss J. Of course I'm not supposed to be buying anything before we go to New Zealand on Friday. Oh but surely these things were far too good to pass up, don't you think???


I've been wistfully dreaming of finding a frilly crinoline that I can wear under certain frocks for that 1950's look. I found this one in the dress up section of Salvos. Can you believe I found a green one??? How appropriate for all those green frock I have. It's actually a dancers petticoat. I might not wear it as outerwear like the fabulous Desiree or Curtise, but hopefully I'll feel just as fabulous with it swishing underneath a frock.


Despite my growing collection of vintage bags, I don't tend to use them day to day because I'm more a big bag girl. I carry a lot of "just in case stuff", just in case I need it. I admit I am a bit partial to a tan leather bag. I seem to have acquired a few, but none as huge as this one. It's by Lucky Brand of the USA & it set me back $10 at Lifeline. The leather is SO soft & yummy & it was in great condition. It did retail for $299 so I'm pretty pleased with that!



A little Australian made plastic bowl, I use these to hold my accessories....20cents.



Now that I'm branching into other colours, I really really needed an orange ring. I found this one at the little church op shop. 


And my last find from the Chandler markets was this sweet red suede bag with a gorgeous coloured button thing on the front for $2.



19 comments:

  1. Great shopping! Love it all! Hope you enjoy NZ. Coming to Hamilton? i could take you op shopping if you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the green crinoline - you just couldn't have left that behind, its your colour, its meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dancers petticoat can wait to see you wearing that little number. Enjoy your hols in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that petticoat is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great petticoat! how could you leave it behind?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh the gorgeousness of that green petti.
    I to am the owner of a soft and swishy Lucky brown bag that my in laws bought me a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The petticoat is such a stunning colour, it would be a crime to cover it up with clothes. Go on, wear it as a skirt in New Zealand, I dare you!!
    That tan bag is gorgeous, I love it, it looks like it was expensive. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. you did good on that Lucky Brand bag. That store is $$$$$.

    ReplyDelete
  9. really you couldn't pass any of that up - especially the petticoat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not surprised you couldn't walk away from that amazing petticoat, she's a stunner! Wear it, please, and even if it's underneath something else, show us some ruffle action!
    I love both bags, the tan one was a major bargain. When the op shopping is as good as this, it would be rude to refuse! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. great finds! i LOVE it when i find something like that bag for such a good price, then look it up and it's worth a ton more. that is always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab pettitcoat and what a great colour!! Have fun in NZ and just remember it'll be a lot warmer when you step off the plane.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well I'm absolutely partial to a tan handbag and your find is nothing but pure gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nice work lady! Kel x

    ReplyDelete
  14. "OH MY GOSH!! I love your petticoat what a gorgeous color.
    That lucky brand bag is AWESOME I would have happily paid $10 for it too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh what great finds love the green petti coat and the bags and the ring ;-)) Have a great trip, dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. NO WAY could you leave that petticoat behind!
    I always find the best stuff when I shouldn't be shopping..........X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhh I LOVE the petticoat - what a fantastic find!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Can't believe you dound a green crinoline! In the years I've been op shopping I've never come across a crinoline! What a fabulous find. The tan leather bag is lovely too. Lots of goodies!xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!