Thursday, 23 August 2012

Bon Voyage Frock Friday

This post is coming a day early because we will be at the international airport bright & early Friday morning. We are flying into Dunedin & spending two weeks touring around the South Island of New Zealand for the 6th time! (Yes we love it that much!) We'll be going to Queenstown, Wanaka, Mt Cook, Oamaru & Christchurch..... & then flying up to Auckland for one week at our sister & brother-in-laws place. We already have the op shops mapped out, & I am hoping to get to the Vintage & Textiles Fair in Auckland on the 9th of Sept. Fingers crossed I get to see a couple of blogging buddies too. I must admit I've been packed since about May, but no doubt I will still be taking far too much stuff. My health hasn't been too good this year, so I am just hoping my body cooperates & I am well enough to enjoy the trip without too much pain. I will miss you all, & I will have a lot of blog reading to catchup on when we get home. Hopefully I'll be back with lots of Kiwi treasures & some more interesting photos then those taken in my backyard!

Today's frock was a recent Ebay purchase. This is a stretch poly dress that looks to be handmade. I like the button detail & the colours. You can see now why I "really needed" those orange & navy beads!







Outfit Details.......
Vintage dress - Ebay
Vintage beads - thrifted
Birdy brooch - thrifted
Bird earings - handmade & gifted by Gail
Glass ring - Hokitika New Zealand
Bangle - thrifted
Beaded bag - Suitcase Rummage
Jacket, belt, tights & boots - Retail




 And don't forget to enter my giveaway. It's open to followers worldwide! 

Take care & I'll see you later. Xx

18 comments:

  1. Cute dress! You've styled it really well. Have fun in NZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie you look lovely and I love the jacket with dress.
    Have the most wonderful time, will be thinking of you and hoping you are healthy nd strong for the trip.
    Look forward to reading all about your adventures when you get back. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the dress and the jacket! My gosh we had a bag very similar in the 70's, the little beads were glued on, not sewn. It has all come flooding back.

    I hope you have a wonderful, happy, pain free and safe holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this dress and the beaded bag brings back memories for me!!! Have a fab time in NZ xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, I am worried our Dunedin op shops will have no stock left after your visit!
    But seriously, have a great holiday here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress, great colours.
    Have a wonderful trip, take tons of pics, take it steady, I look forward to hearing all about it when you are back home! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a lovely time and I hope you feel fab throughout your trip xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another cute dress!! It's great. Hope you have a brilliant time and let us know who you meet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your whole outfit rocks. Totally in love with the bag

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look fabulous! That dress has such a sweet print and as always your outfit rocks! Have a brilliant trip! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG! I love that frock - if you ever feel like you've had enough of it, you know I would be more that happy to give it a home. Also - in LOVE with that bag. When I was a little girl I always wanted one of those beaded bags, is there some kind of name for that style I wonder?

    In other news....I WILL BE IN AUCKLAND THE SAME WEEKEND AS YOU!!! Turns out I have to be there for work on Saturday, but I just decided to stay for the whole weekend! e-mail me at teresabuckthought@hotmail.com! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that frock is fabularse!!! I love the colours - and it's perfect with those BEADS and BOOTS and I LOOOVE your bag! Have a wonderful time - you might even see my Helga!!! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's a great outfit! Hope you have an awesome time over here.. I really really hope your health co-operates..
    Pity you not making it to Hamilton - it's the op shop mecca don't you know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh how i love this dress! good ol' ebay! thats where i get a lot of my vintage from too. and i love that bag too, super pretty! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Caaaaauuuuttteee bag girl! Have a WONDERFUL trip away and I hope to hear, when you're back, that your health played nice and let you enjoy yourself pain free. I'm sorry to hear you have not been well this year, so I a trip away is probably just what the doctor orders! Can't wait to hear all about it, and what treasures you bring home! Kel x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!! Bag love galore!!!! You look gorgeous and I adore your frock and jacket combo!! I hope you have a ball in NZ - I've never had a bad trip there and I hope your health holds up:))) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG I LOVE this frock!!!
    I was a bit slow on this post,but went one better by actually HANGING OUT WITH YOU this afternoon!!! SQUEE!
    Awesomeness!
    XXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!