Wednesday, 4 July 2012

Vintage Surprises

I think it's so special when you receive gifts that have been handpicked with your interests in mind. Here are some of the vintage pressies I got for my birthday.

Mr P gave me two beautiful vintage fashion books........


This book has been on my wish list ever since I heard our own blogger extraordinaire Vix is featured in a two page spread!



Plus the Style Me Vintage clothing book



My Mum gave me this old iron door stop, plus the glass birdy below.


Plus a pink pearl & silver brooch that she found at a garage sale


And a glorious teal blue Nana knit from an op shop in brand new condition (not vintage but true vintage style). I do love the wee collar.



My dear friend Miss G from Melbourne sent a wonderful selection of vintage goodies........


A retro teatowel in a funky design



A white & gold brooch above, & a wee china floral brooch below.



A dainty bird watch for the bird girl.


And Mrs Beetons cookery book which was the cooking bible in my Nana's day. It's in perfect condition too, with fascinating advertisements throughout.



Miss C gave me this lovely wee birdy brooch among other things to add to my collection.


And my vintage bestie Miss J gave me this gorgeous vintage Japanese tea set in a fab retro pattern...and it's green!




The clever Miss J also made me this lovely framed picture & a wooden birdy brooch.




19 comments:

  1. Lord have mercy! Your hubby, friends and family know you well!! What fabulous birthday presents, and many happy returns by the way! Those vintage books are in my collection too, the nana knit is gorgeous, the brooches, the iron door stop, the bird bracelet, the tea towel, that GREEN japanese tea set! I love it all x oh and the cook book *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday for the other day. I'm glad you got presents you love. All those books look fabulous and the tea set is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the book with Vix in for my birthday too - woo hoo, we're friends with a celebrity!
    Love all your pressies, your nearest and dearest obviously know your tastes very well. Love all your brooches, and your tea towel and coffee set are truly 70s funky'n'fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many wonderful presents, but that bird watch is just so amazing!

    Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You sure had a grand birthday - lots of things to go over and over..... Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How utterly fabulous that you have such wonderful friends and family that know how to spoil you.
    I must get myself those books. I'm loving every one of your birthday treasures, you lucky thing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got the best stuff! Where to start?! The tea set is divine, the watch and brooches are gorgeous. The jumper is great - not sure if you get Damart over there but it's a modern make in an unintentionally old fashioned style - i.e. granny clothes - not that would bother you or me! xx Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lucky thing, your friends and family have got your taste to a tee! That coffee set is an absolute beauty, love the old iron and all your jewellery. Damart is a nana favourite here, it's quite expensive and you'll rock it in non-granny style. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great gifts and your family must like being able to op shop for a birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Woah! What an awesome array of vintage gifties - you were really spoiled on your birthday and that's the way it should be;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooohhh... the teaset is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely to have friends and family who truly understand what you love and will use. Damart is a really good brand, and like you I love the collar. So will you be using the Mrs Beeton's??

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Happy Birthday! The brooches are all GORGEOUS! And I especially adore that FABULOUS coffee set - the colour and pattern are perfection! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. so pleased you got spoilt on your birthday...just what you deserve. love the tea set and all your other goodies xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love them all hon! The bird watch suits you to a tee. I absolutely LOVE that tea set! So glad to be able to share in you day..:)
    C Xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh sweet the biggest happy birthday to the most gorgeous vintage bird girl!!!!!
    Oh my I love that all your fabulous friends and family all just know you so well and get you VINTAGE birthday presents.
    What amazing treasures!!!!! I llove them all.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  17. happy belated birthday!! I just bought both of those fab books a couple of weeks ago! love the images. You got a ton of beautiful jewellery bits, I adore the owls. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Weren't you spoiled! Belated birthday wishes and well done on the stash!!! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow that iron is fab!! But I don't think you have enough jewellery yet...

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!