Monday, 4 June 2012

Well Timed Thrifted Finds

I have been keeping my eye out for a well priced vintage watch for a while. I bought this old mens Seiko watch from 1970 from a Facebook garage sale site for $8. It's a wind up model which keeps great time, with a lovely navy watch face. The band is showing it's age but I kind of like it. It has an inscription in the back to D.Bates on the 6/8/1970.



I bought my first Polaroid camera off another Facebook garage sale seller for $6. It's a Spirit 600 model from the 1980's. I love the rainbow tag on the front.





The Polaroid has joined my other old cameras.....no room for any more!


I bought this brooch which can be worn as a pendant, & the old green necklace for $2 each.



And to top it off I won a competition on I Love to Op Shop. For sending in my favourite op shop find I scored this Brisbane Op Shop Guide book which will no doubt come in handy, as I love discovering new op shops.

16 comments:

  1. Great scores! I'd love a rainbow polaroid. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So jealous of your camera collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the brooch and necklace - very pretty!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the Polaroid is very cool!!! You can still get film for it sweet if you wanted to have fun!!!
    Love the wee brooch, very pretty.
    Yes to an op-shop guide, perfect!!!! You will have to let us know if there are any great new discoveries!!!!
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on winning the book!! I do love the watch with it's wee metal calendar attached and you're SO lucky to score the camera - do you use your lovely collection? I love the way they're displayed with your canisters and you can never have too many beautiful pendants:)) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find great stuff. The watch is neat and I love your Polaroid. My parents used the same one but in all black with the rainbow when I was 6 and under.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my love you've done well once again.
    I must check out some of this garage sale pages.
    You know I'm loving the yellow flower brooch/pendant.
    How fab to have won the op shop guide.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that watch. The little calendar on it is so cool. The brooch and necklace are both lovely. I'm sure I say it all the time, but you always find the best jewellery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on your win!
    Love your finds, especially the pendant/brooch. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that polaroid! I found one a few years ago at a flea market from the 80's but sadly it didn't have the cool rainbow stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the polaroid. My grandad had a great collection of vintage cameras and I often wonder what happened to them when he died. I bet there were some treasures in that collection. Congratulations on your win xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. your lastest addition to camera collection is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. my eye is caught by the beautiful bird print behind your camera collection :) i think its divine :) great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hurrah! Well done! I miss my old wind up watches, I haven't found a good one in over 10 years. The polaroid is fab too. xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!