Sunday, 24 June 2012

Sunny Coast Thrifted Finds

I had a pretty successful time op shopping last weekend at the Coast. Most of the stuff I found was from the Caloundra Salvos & the Hospital op shop. The hospital oppie is kind of dingy, but the good thing about it are the prices....dirt cheap! I was a bit disappointed to find the Warana Lifeline have raised their prices...One single retro canister there cost $45! I don't know who would pay that much at an op shop.

I found this sweet bird at the hospital op shop for 50cents. It's impossible for me to leave an old bird behind.




A couple of brooches to add to my growing collection.....



This is an old English vintage hat. I doubt I'll ever wear it as it looks like a green cat is sitting on top of my head, but I like it all the same!



I think it was the colour & the sweet hand knitted style of this cardigan that caught my eye. It has delightful crystal style buttons & it looks like it's never been worn.




This big old travel bag is in great condition from the hospital op shop for $2.



A winter crimplene frock by 'Debra Fashions' of Melbourne. It has a cool faux belt at the waist.




I'll be linking up as usual with Her Library Adventures Flea Market Finds.

17 comments:

  1. Oh you have done well. The cameo brooch is very sweet. Of ourselves you know I'm digging the green cardie. I certainly wouldn't of passed up the bag or dress either. Well dine honey, I always love your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely colour here - loving the green!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What delightful, lovely finds - I really like the bright, upbeat hues that run though many of them, and that bird is just too cute for words (I would have nabbed it up in a heartbeat, too).

    Wishing you a relaxing, gorgeous weekend!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe! I have that green hat in blue! Jon thinks it's mental but I'm rather attached to it's fluffy madness! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool finds! I love the cameo broach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little bird and the dress!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that bird, great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the green hat! I also like how you have a slight green theme and matching pair with the cardigan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great haul - I think I need to go op shopping Saturday morning now as your finds are so inspiring! I especially love the green cardy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. $45 at an op shop is crazy. I have a similar hat to that green one but it's navy blue. Last time I wore it a friend said it looked like a dead cat on my head but I like it (and yours) anyway. That cardigan is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YOu do find some great bits don't you! Well done on this statsh. the cardi is very cute- I could just see that worn with a circle skirt and petticoats for a freal 50s vibe xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my the cardigan is so yummy!!!! Love a good Cardy!!!!! Perfect colour.
    The brooch collection must be just lovely, you seem to find the most gorgeous ones.
    Oh the dress is amazing, I can't wait to see you wear it.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, that dress is very you, I know you'll style it up with your usual panache and great accessories!
    Cutest wee birdie, love the brooches, and of course it's against the law for you to leave a green hand-knitted cardigan behind! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The dark and dingy shops are often the best, so are the overpiled ones! Lovely finds and you obviously couldn't leave that sweet birdie behind!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great buys love the dress i can see you in that and i love the green cardigan to. Your a girl after my own heart with your brooches i just aodre them and never leave the house without one. Cute bird to ;-) Enjoy your lovely goodies, dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. When it comes to op shops the dingier the better I say! Love your birdy, I have a little collection of my own:) Cyndy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!