Friday, 8 June 2012

Original Frock Friday

Today's frock was my very first vintage purchase some years ago from a vintage clothing shop at Moolloolaba on the Sunshine Coast. Unfortunately it has closed down. I had it sitting in my cupboard unworn for a few years, until I finally got the courage to wear such a style. I wore it today to my 2 hour physio appointment which must have been a sight for the tracky dack (Aussie for tracksuit or sweats) clad  people getting treatment! It has lovely buttons & kick pleats at the front. It's a light stretch poly fabric in navy, pink & mustard.





Accessories.....
Flower ring from Target
Sarah Coventry gold locket bracelet
Birdy brooch retail
Vintage flower brooch from my Mum-in-law
Mustard bag thrifted $1




15 comments:

  1. Ooooh, this dress is just fabulous - and you teamed it up with such cool accessories. I hope the 2 hrs of physio were okay, and not painful ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful dress. Love the size info on the label.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that frock! I would wear it in a heartbeat (as with pretty much all of your wardrobe actually!) Don't you think first vintage purchases hold a certain place in your affections forever? I feel that way about my raspberry print maxi.
    Two hours of physio? That sounds gruelling. Hope you are feeling OK. Have a fab weekend. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really funky and cool frock I love the design.
    Have a great Weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the dress, the print is awesome. You look fab as always and you know I'm always weak at the knees for your accessories.

    I hope you got through physio ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oohhh its lovely and you look gorgeous in it, its lovely colours. Like your bag to. Have a wonderful weekend and i hope the physio helped. dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly a FABULOUS frock!! I love that print - its just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a brilliant frock! It suits you brilliantly. Wear it heaps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi hon...finally worked out my google account!! love reading your blog and seeing you looking gorgeous in your vintage hotness!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is such I wonderful pattern, you look so gorgeous in it.
    As always you wear such perfect brooches with your dresses.
    I hope you are ok sweet????
    Sending love v

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE that fab frock - the colours are gorgeous! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the brooches and the ring. The print on that dress is great. I laughed at 'tracky dacks'. I haven't heard that one in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous dress! I've got some physio coming up so I might take a leaf out of your book. I love "tracky dacks" reminds me of Kath and Kim. Also amused by the dress being a half size!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!