Monday, 18 June 2012

Happy Anniversary Baby......

Today Mr P & I have been married for 18 years. I have known Mr P since I was 3 years old, as we grew up attending the same church. I developed a huge crush on Mr P when I was 13 (he was 18) & I bravely told him that I knew we would get married one day. 6 years later we finally dated & got married. By the time we were engaged I had developed a chronic & most probably life long illness, unless a cure is discovered. He wanted to marry me regardless of what may lie ahead, & we had no idea just how ill I was going to get. For the first 6 years of our marriage Mr P cared for me when I was bedridden. He hand fed me when I was too weak to hold a fork. He pushed me in a wheelchair when I was well enough to get to the shops. He has taken me to literally hundreds of medical appointments. He knows how to cook & clean as those early years of marriage were a fast learning curve. We have really proven our vows 'in sickness & in health'....although I must say I would prefer the health bit after 19 years with a chronic illness. Through all of the ups & downs we have shared, one of the greatest joys of my life has been our marriage. I love you Mr P. Thank you for being my delightful husband. I would marry you again in a heartbeat. Thanks for a wonderful weekend away & for taking me to my favourite op shops! Xx



The photo below was on our honeymoon oh so long ago.


Here's a few pics of us on our last trip to New Zealand.






And one from our weekend away.....


11 comments:

  1. Oh sweet you are such a beautiful lady and your gorgeous husband is a angel who's wings were made to wrap around you and protect you.
    Love and happiness to you both.
    Much love v

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story Mr P is a keeper! Congrats on 18 years of marriage. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to you and Mr P. He sounds like a very special chap, and you must be pretty special yourself to have such a neat husband x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you both!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweetie, you brought me to tears. Happy Anniversary my dear friend. Mr P is a special one and so are you. :) C XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh happy anniversar sweetheart to you and Mr. P. what a wonderful man you have married he truly has shown his measure as a man and husband in all that you say about him. I'm glad you had a fab time away and he clearly knows how to make you smile with your favourite op shops. May you be blessed with many more wonderful years together. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary to you both! I too have tears in my eyes reading this post - you both look wonderful and so happy together. Thank you Mr P for caring for Vintage Bird Girl, taking her to op shops and making her smile. May you both have many many more years of happiness. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy anniversary! 18 years! that is quite an accomplishment! heres to many many many more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh darling, that is such a lovely post. Happy anniversary to you and your wonderful man. He sounds like a total treasure - but don't forget that you too bring much joy and love and kindness and spirit to your marriage. As much as you would marry him again in a heartbeat, he obviously feels just the same way about lovely you! xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, VBG. Congratulations on 18 years and I'm so glad you have each other. Very special xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!