Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Some New Zealand Vintage

I was inspired by Camelias and Crinolines & The Velvettes recent posts about the labels on New Zealand made vintage fashion. Here are a few pieces I've purchased on our travels to N.Z the past few years. Most of my clothing purchases have been made on Karangahape Road in Auckland, known as K-Road. I must admit it is my favourite vintage shopping destination in New Zealand. I'm lucky that my hubby loves it too, although you do run into some interesting folk on K-Road, men dressed up as women & that kind of thing! I am looking forward to finding some more Kiwi vintage during our much hoped for trip in September.

Oh & speaking of N.Z....yesterday I won a jet boat ride with KJet in Queenstown thanks to my hubby prompting me to like them on Facebook. We've done the Kawarau Jet before & loved it, so I would be more then happy to go again.  Thank you KJet!


I found this pretty pink & green blouse in a vintage store in Saint Kevins Arcade on K-Road in Auckland.



This three quarter sleeve jacket was purchased at another K-Road store. It has the cutest pointy collar.



A green & white stripe blazer from yet another K-Road vintage store.



This teal blue jacket is part of a suit with a matching skirt, found in an op shop in Oxford on the South Island. I think I paid $8 for the set. Ballantynes is a lovely South Island department store.



A zip front top from K-Road.



I think this maxi skirt is handmade. It's a lovely winter weight fabric. Purchased on K-Road.



This pink maxi dress was purchased at the Auckland Vintage Textile Fair. Unfortunately the tag has been cut off.

12 comments:

  1. This is fascinating. I've only heard of Ballantynes and Siltex. It seems we have had a lot of different clothing labels over the years for such a small country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so great! I know the exact opshop you mean in Oxford, I'm actually wearing a dress I got from it today for $1 in the kids' section!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pink dress is fabulous! I love find pieces from other countries. I don't think I have any New Zealand beauties yet. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really enjoying NZ labels, I'll have to keep an eye out for some over here! You have some great clothes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always love a vintage label! You have some great things there. The maxi skirt and pink dress obviously aught my eye, as well as the cute teal jacket. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving those labels and really, really loving that handmade maxi! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't go past a loud 70s print I say!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aotearoa Represent! I didn't realize you loved my wee country so much - if you ever visit Wellington - do let me know xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous prints! New Zealand vintage is something I know next to nothing about so thank you for sharing this. It's been a place I've been wanting to visit for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all these! I must do a post about my one and only NZ vintage label frock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello _ i love your blog! i have put together a wee collection of 'made in nz fashion retro/vintage label' blog posts and have added this one - i hope you are ok with that :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!