Saturday, 19 May 2012

Thrifted Finds

I'm sorry about the double post coming up in the reader. I accidentally hit publish  on the post when I intended to hit save, & then I tried to delete the post, but realized it still comes up in the reader regardless. So that's the reason behind the double post.

I love going over to the Bayside suburb of Wynnum & having an op shop fossic. Wynnum has almost a dozen op shops in close proximity to each other, so it is always a fun way to spend a few hours. Here are a few of the things I found at Wynnum. Just a pity I didn't bump into the lovely Desiree who frequents these op shops in fabulous fashion!


A retro Japanese tea/coffee pot $3


The sweetest birdy embroidery doily


And as usual some more green beads for the collection.

14 comments:

  1. Ooh I love them all! I need more *surfaces* for all of my doilies. Sarah xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely doily! great find, they all are... ooh and you always find the best jewellery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that funky coffee pot!
    And of COURSE you couldn't leave a birdy doily or green beads behind, that would be crazy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that bird doilie! Whenever I see anything embriodered at op shops I just want to snap it up:D

    You must have such an epic collection of vintage beads:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh great coffee pot!!! I love the wee birdie on the doily.
    You must show us all your fabulous green beads together one day.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, that coffee pot!! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bird embroidery is so sweet. I love the green necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh...lovely finds...i like everything especially the doiley..i like it that it was handmade by someone. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

    mongs
    mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL how much jewellery do you have now girl, ha ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That tea pot is so pretty. (GREAT price too!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds. I'm glad you rescued the embroidered doily. Someone put a lot of time and love into making that. Nice that you can appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi hi, thank you for your comment on my blog :). It just made me realise that yours isn't showing up on my reader, will have to sort that out. So as for which market to go to in NZ... I would definitely still recommend that Vintage Textile Fair. The Riccarton markets are great and there are some beautiful things there but it isn't all vintage specific. If I had to choose between the two then I would pick the vintage fair for sure! Hope that helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like your header! If you love birds, make sure to browse through this blog:
    http://bridgetispainting.blogspot.fr/
    I think you'll find it as amazing as I. Hugs from Germany!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!