Sunday, 27 May 2012

Retro Metro

Last weekend my hubby & I dropped in at a garage sale on our way to Paddington, where I got 2 pairs of shoes & a handmade dress all for $7. At the moment Paddington is my favourite place to go to in Brisbane. My Nana lived in Paddington most of her life, & my parents both grew up there, so it holds a special place in my heart. It has a wonderful huge antique center the PAC, plus a strip of op shops & vintage stores that run down a main road. I found 2 lovely frocks for a total of $15 at  Retro Metro. There are two Retro Metro stores on LaTrobe Terrace. The main one is beautiful & stocks premium vintage clothing, but the prices are way above my budget. The other store just down the road is held under an old Queenslander house, & it is the cheaper outlet. I have found lots of clothing here, & prices start at $5.

Firstly here are my garage sale buys.....


These Italian silver shoes were $5....they are just like a pair my Mum had back in the early 70's which ended up in my dress up box as a girl. I felt a bit like Cinderella trying them on & finding they were a perfect fit!



 Vintage off white sandals


The garage sale seller threw in the above handmade dress for free.


This vintage dress from Retro Metro came with the original tags. There's something special about finding an old dress that has never been worn before.




Vintage Kenwall frock from Retro Metro which is a perfect fit.




19 comments:

  1. That blue frock is amazing! I love find frocks with their original tags. The silver shoes are fab too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds - love the white sandals and the last dress is very pretty.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scores Lisa, your collection really must be growing now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's growing into a big storage problem! If only I had never ending wardrobe space!

      Delete
  4. Ok me, you Paddington, it's a date lets set it.
    Great scores once again Hun.
    You know white shoes are on a comeback this coming summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hit Paddo with you! We must hook up for some vintage shopping soon. Xx

      Delete
  5. I love that Kenwall frock. The print is so pretty. The other two dresses are great too. Paddington always makes me think of Paddington Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice blog.
    The posts are interesting. I found many ideas.
    Well done!
    If you'd like to see changes in my blog or my facebook fanpage.
    Kisses from Italy! :-*

    Habanero Handmade

    BLOG: http://habanerohandmade.blogspot.it

    FANPAGE FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Habanero-Handmade-Fanpage/119842804790054

    ReplyDelete
  7. I havent been to REtro Metro in years, you have motivated me to go next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How utterly fabulous! I bet both those cute sandals will look brilliant worn with ankle socks and those gorgeous frocks. You certainly struck gold at Retro Metro! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Wow what gorgeous dresses strunning designs and colours and to find a vintage one that has never been worn truely lovely, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh oh oh, I'm having a twinge of jealousy here! I love your sandals, both pairs, but with special admiration for your silver Cinderella shoes! And the frocks are gorgeous. I always get a little flutter of excitement over vintage things with the tags still on! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what fabulous finds!!!! The sandals are amazing and silver is a must in every girls wardrobe!!!
    I am busting at the seams to see you in all the dresses.
    I love the last one, the flowers are gorgeous.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even the name Retro Metro says it all!
    Well done on your fab finds x

    ReplyDelete
  13. weep! I love those shoes! Great finds with the dresses too - I want a maxi dress... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous purchases! I love those silver heels and your frocks are pretty. I have a pair of red heels similar to your white ones.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Paddo! Squee! We went into all those places! I am a little sad about a frock I left behind at the Antique centre!
    Love both pairs of sandals,and yes,deadstock frocks always make my toes curl!
    Where in NZ will you be visiting?!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll have 2 weeks on the South Island starting in Dunedin, onto Queenstown, Mt Cook etc & onto Christchurch. My problem is having to find suitcase room for both travel clothes & some winter vintage!

      Delete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!