Monday, 23 April 2012

Thrifted Finds & Saturday Night Fever

A little local church run op shop has become a favourite place to frequent. On my last visit I scored this old 'Crest' powder compact & matching lipstick holder for $2.50. It has a lovely red flower set in resin. It looks just like the set Nelly found here.




I also got these old magazines from the op shop for 20cents. Below is the first edition of McCall's Entertaining Ideas from 1969. It has decorating ideas, recipes, crafts & stories on how to buy the best china & crystal.





This one is called 'Home Dressmaking Guide', with sewing instructions for beginners, & some patterns by the Aussie designer Prue Acton.





I'm not sure why that boy is pointing a gun at the lady...maybe it was because he was made to wear that cheesy outfit!



1970's style table runner $1.


My hubby & I went to our dear friend Mr K's 40th birthday party at the weekend. It was a 70's party which really didn't mean dressing up for me seeing as I wear vintage most days. I wore a lime green crimplene frock from the USA, with a vintage crochet cardigan.


 Here's a pic of my bestie Miss J & I both wearing green of course.


13 comments:

  1. The compact is gorgeous Meg xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. the compact and lipstick holder are so cool! i haven't seen anything like those before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOoOOhhhhh, I love that green dress on you! Lovely pic of you and your friend - I hope you had a great time. The compact and lipstick holder are really sweet and my eyes were popping at the Home Dressmaking Guide. The zigzag pattern bikini and suit is just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your friend look gorgeous lovely dresses. I love your new compact its so pretty and girly. Have a lovely week, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that green frock - it looks so FAB on you!!

    Also I love that old dressmaking book - I do have a soft spot for old craft and sewing books. If I had more space I would totally collect them as they always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool findsi love the crochet outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those books look very interesting - love the pictures.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. That green dress is fab. The compact and lipstick holder are lovely. I love old magazines. The ads in them are often hilarious and slightly disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those magazines are pretty amazing - I want to dare to be different when planning a buffet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You and your friend look beautiful in your gorgeous frocks - so well co-ordinated!
    Love the compact and lippy holder.
    I would totally expect my boy to threaten me with a gun if I dressed him like that poor kid!
    The psychedelic print maxi dress is swooningly lovely, and I can see Sarah Misfit rocking the Missoni-esque jumpsuit - is it knitted or crochet? It's fab! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty compact and lipstick holder!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous find, I just love the rose compact. That reverse crave detail is beautiful.
    Miss Vintage Bird, you are the best vintage green frock wearer!!!!
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh I'm loving the mags, I always love the pics! Aren't church op shops the best?!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!