Sunday, 8 April 2012

Cannister Collection

These canisters belonged to my mother in law. I love the colours of Nally Ware, & they are so handy to store lots of bits & bobs. Nally products was born in 1923 when Nat Fienberg and Wally Wakeham imported 'Condensite' to make more reliable timers for the T-Model Ford. Nally soon began moulding other items including the popular and bright range of kitchen wares. They were pioneers in the Australian plastics industry.







I picked up these faux wood grain canisters from the Chandler Markets ages ago. The set cost me $8. 



I'm please to say I finally have somewhere to display my canisters. I will post on my latest piece of thrifted furniture this week. I hope you've all had a lovely Easter weekend.

16 comments:

  1. I love Nally Ware. How interesting to learn about it's history. Thank you Vintage Bird Girl and I hope you enjoy the Easter break too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the coloured set! I dream of finding a set one day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love them! The 1959 Cadillac coupe De Ville of kitchenware

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the retro cannisters, the colours are fantastic!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cannisters, fab clours. I've seen some lovely cannisters on blogs recently x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving those cannisters, i agree they ARE the cadillac of kitchenware!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow i love your first set of canisters those colours are just gorgeous and so retro there smashing, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have got yourself some fine cannisters!
    I love both sets!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, aren't they wonderful? The lettering on them is so reminiscent of cars of the era. Love the wood effect set too. So what will they be displayed on???? Looking forward to seeing what you've found! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Admire the first set - never knew they were called Nally Ware.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't go wrong with Nally Ware! Great colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh goodness that nally ware is so wonderful! the colors are just perfect!
    sorry to leave a creepy one week later comment, haha, for some reason all your posts are just now showing up in my reader...

    ReplyDelete
  13. So much gorgeous canister love. Nally Ware always makes me happy! Just love the colours.
    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the multicolored canister set! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simply gorgeous. I recently picked myself up a Nally Ware biscuit box for $2 at my local op shop and since then, have become slightly fixated on finding a complete set. It's my next op shop mission. Your collection is beautiful, and has a lovely story to match.

    Kel x
    www.yougotthatatanopshop.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!