Sunday, 15 April 2012

An Assortment of Thrifted Finds

I picked up this sewing basket from Salvos a while back. Of course it was the green that caught my eye. I can't say I'm much of a seamstress as yet....I can only do some hand stitch repairs & sewing buttons on, so I'm thinking I might use this as a picnic basket instead. 



It's lined in a blue satin fabric.



 I purchased this large Willow tin at the 'Way We Wear Fair' held at Mt Gravatt twice a year.




This vintage Willow cooks measure was from the Chandler Markets.





When I saw a picture of Sarah's bathroom with the colourful laundry hampers here, it reminded me of the one we had in our bathroom when I was living at home. So when I came across this one at my local Lifeline for $4, I just had to have it. My Mum thought it was pretty funny that it's exactly the same as the one we had at home when I was a little girl!




This is the photo from Misfits Vintage that inspired the purchase......

15 comments:

  1. Oh I really love that old sewing basket, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a colourful post! That sewing basket is gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the laundry basket is fabulous. What a great find.
    Hope you have a splendid week.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the sewing basket!! And the way you've arranged everything in the bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a bit obsessed with finding MORE of those bins/hampers - I want one in orange too!

    Your bed is GORGEOUS (I love the crochet cushion (of course!) and that sewing basket is absolute FABULOUS! It must be huge if you could use it as a picnic basket!

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is the laundry hamper, I have never seen one the same. I love the old kitchen measures, they are so handy. Enjoy your week, Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the sewing box & ever so pretty measuring cup! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the little sewing basket - I used to have one - years ago!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  9. You find such great things. Love the sewing basket and the cooks measure. So much lovely colour! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sewing basket is so cute. I love that the inside lid is padded. The measuring cup and tin are so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! What lovely finds! Especially the sewing basket it's really lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh great finds...I'm a fan of the sewing basket as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great finds. I just love that kitchen measure...

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am in love with all your things, truly. my house is full of green and orange things so when i saw the gorgeous green basket and the super cool retro kitchen measure and then the awsome orange laundry hamper, my heart was going a bit out of control!! brilliant finds, you are very lucky, or skilled at finding them...!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!