Friday, 23 March 2012

Tribal Tablecloth Frock Friday

It took a bit of courage for me to wear this frock that cost me a few dollars from the Vintage Fashion Fair. I think it's a love or hate dress. I like the fit & the cotton fabric, but the orange & brown print is pretty loud, a bit like a tablecloth, or something you'd wear in Borneo! I call it my 'Toto' dress (the band that is...not the dog!)....reminds me of their song "Africa". I think it will look good in winter with a plain jacket, tights & boots. I wore it with a very old bracelet & ring set that was passed down to me & a woven bag from Vinnies at Paddington for $3.





These are my latest Ray Ban sunnies.



  I love the fancy metal detailing on the bracelet.

11 comments:

  1. You look beautiful that dress is gorgeous and the colours really suit you. And that bracelet is lovely, Have a great weekend, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must confess when I read Toto I actually thought of The Wizard of Oz. I must be tired! I think its a really cool dress and it is not like a tablecloth - well not any table cloth I have seen. I like it, the bag and accessories work really well with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it! I'm not a hater - it looks great. Looking forward to seeing it winter-ised!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I love it. Gorgeous colours and you've accessorised it beautifully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely batik dress and you wear it beautifully! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous dress, it really suits you. The jewellery is lovely, do you know any more about it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tribal-tastic! I love that dress and the jewellery and bag are just gorgeous, too.
    I'm humming that song now, damn it!
    Have a fab weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you had the courage! You look gorgeous in that dress. I felt the same way in my FOF dress I wore last week. I asked my Hubs like 3 times (Are you sure you like this dress?)*haha* I thought it may be a little over-whelming for the people in this town. Then I realized... (WHO CARES)
    =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love it! Such a pretty wee dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gonna take a lot to drag me away from you...
    I LOVE this frock, you shouldn't feel at all self-conscious about wearing it. Fab print. Beautiful shape. Suits you perfectly. Great jewellery and bag.
    All VERY good! xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not at all a tablecloth, and love the jewellery..But hon, I do have to say you would make a tablecloth look fabulous if you did wear one!
    C X

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!