Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Tooled Bag & Thrifted Finds

These are a few finds from a couple of weeks ago.....It was one of those days where I was a bit reluctant to drop into my local op shops. I just didn't know if it would be worth the effort. I must say I am pleased I did, because I found the most lovely tooled leather handbag to add to my collection for $10. I like the colour of the leather, a deep tan. And I most like the fairly large size which makes it a bit more user friendly then a couple of my other ones. Thank you Salvos for making my visit worthwhile, & reminding me that you just never know what maybe in store this week!


I wonder who Marina was?




I found this kitsch kitty cat. I can almost hear her purr with that contented look on her face.




A sweet pair of wooden & china salt & pepper shakers from Japan for $1.


20 comments:

  1. I love that bag, my Dad has a friend that is a bit of an old school biker dude and he still does leather craft in that style, I've always really admired it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bag is great. That kitty is so cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tooled bag - and I think I have your kitty's twin! Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bag is quite lovely and the kitty is so sweet.
    Pretty S&P shakers I have never seen rose ones like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SQUEE - the kitty is so cute, she really is purring in contentment!!! Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog, and the Liebster award. I am still pondering over what to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great scores! Love the shakers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, the little kitty looks so pleased to have found a home with you!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new kitty is too cute...as for the pair of Doulton napkin rings sitting next to her, they are the best find ever...be very careful with them, they are worth a lot of $$$$. Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always find the best stuff. That cat looks very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay the tooled leather bag was a fabulous find, thanks Sallies boutique (that's what I call a salvos find here)!!!! tee hee!!!!
    Miss Kitty is purring I am sure, she has a lovely new home.
    Love v

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your finds - particularly the bag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it all - you find such great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous bag, and I love your cute kitty! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. The little cat is so lovely! I love the S&P shakers too! XO.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great finds those salt and pepper pots are lovely and that cat is sweet, dee x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous bag! Love the kitty too super cute xxxx Love seeing peeks of your house, so many awesome vintage goodies everywhere xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't go wrong with tooled leather, it's always a winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's such a cute kitty cat!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!