Friday, 9 March 2012

Pink Frock Friday

I am hoping to make it to the Brisbane Vintage Fashion Fair on Saturday. I had such a good time at the last one, so I have high hopes that this one will be just as good. I'm just working out which frock to wear....decisions decisions! I'll think I'll wear something cotton in this heat.

I purchased this frock from my favourite nursing home op shop on it's reopening for 2012. The vintage dress comes with a matching short sleeve jacket & belt. I was pretty pleased it was a perfect fit for $3.




Worn with Mr P's Grandma's pink jewel brooch plus a wooden birdy brooch.
Bracelet gifted from my Sister. Floral ring.



Testing one of my new old cameras.


 Matching jacket......it's all a bit much worn together, but I think it could work on it's own with jeans.





I'm linking up with Recycled Fashion Finds this week too.

12 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty dress, it looks amazing on you. It would make a great choice to wear to the fair.

    I agree about the jacket maybe being a bit too much worn with the dress, but with jeans or a little skirt it would be cute.

    I am looking for to the Canberra Vintage Fair this year, but I will be just wearing my jeans and looking like a dag.

    Enjoy the fair, Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FAB dress - for $3! Awesome.

    I think the jacket is too much too - I think if you want to win a jacket or something a plain colour would be better?

    Photo with that old camera is cute:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet dress the colours are fab! I actually don't mind the jacket but is much better without! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab $3 find. It really suits you.
    I'm not too keen on the jacket either! The Recycled Fashion blog is a great idea! I better get my thinking cap on! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I love finding sets like that it's so rare :) It's a great colour on you:)xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty dress I love the colour and what a bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great when you find an op shop that delivers! Great finds, the dress suits you. Have just started following, off to check out more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous frock, such a pretty colour and it fits you perfectly. I agree with you, the pieces are probably better separated but that's OK - I like finding sets/suits even if I never wear them at the same time!
    Have all the fun at the fair! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous dress. It reminds me of musk sticks and looks lovely on you. The jacket will look great with jeans, you're right. Have fun at the Fair. Happy shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great - love the colours! Love the brooch too.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the colours! Let us know how the photos turn out.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!