Friday, 3 February 2012

Thoughtful Friends & Holiday Time

 Mr P & I are off on our annual summer holiday to the Sunshine Coast. I have picked up a little bit over the past few days (YAY!) & hopefully our time away will do me the world of good. I'm glad to finally be off  the heart monitors too (no results back yet). I had the chance to pop into my fav little op shop (after being de-wired) which reopened today...Oh how I've missed the op shops in the past few weeks. I purchased a mere 4 vintage frocks....so few compared to my last haul of 18! (I didn't keep them all!) I will show & tell at a later date. I usually don't have computer access while we're away. I know I will really miss reading all of your lovely blogs. But be assured I will be back....commenting & blogging & searching for undiscovered vintage treasures! Thanks so much for all of your lovely responses on past posts & for your care over the past few weeks....it means a lot to me! Xx

I must admit to making an Ebay purchase during my time home bound, but it was only 99cents which hardly counts does it? It's a green trimmed maxi dress by John J Hilton....It's a Hilton Honey! I can just picture lounging around in this at Noooosa Darling!





I just had to share a pic of the custom bunting that I ordered from the lovely Caroline over at Things I Do....she is so clever & creative. She made double sided bunting with a birdy theme, and she added in this cute birdy brooch. Thank you so much! Xx



The bunting is hanging in our bedroom.



I wanted to thank those dear friends of mine who have phoned or sent messages, & have sent me little parcels of love during the past few yucko weeks. I am so blessed to have some extra special friends in my life, some of whom have suffered with the same illness as me, for as long as I have, & they always seem to know when I need a bit of extra encouragement. So I want to say a big thank you to Miss C, Miss G & Miss S. You girls are some of the bravest I know, & your love & support over the past few weeks has been such a blessing to me.

My dear Miss G from Victoria sent me this parcel of goodies...the retro style top was from a shop in St Kilda. Miss G knows how much I love St Kilda, & the combination of green & pink. She also included a handmade notebook & handmade chocolates, with a birdy wall canvas. Thank you dear Miss G.



My dear Miss C gave me this anodised teapot that belonged to her Grandmother a while back. It is in the prettiest blue, & it is in wonderful condition. Miss C knows I will forever treasure this one. Love you Miss C.



Miss S sent me a sweet little birdy card & a lovely magnet bookmark....which she said reminded her of VintageBirdGirl. Miss S is a very talented artist who designs cards & writes her own blog too called ByShi.

13 comments:

  1. What kind friends you have. Enjoy your lovely holiday away. I have a hilton honey too a green crazy one! It featured in one of my very first posts.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a lovely time at the sunny coast I hope the sun is shining brightly for you the whole time you are away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time! It's minus 1 here so I'm dreaming of sunny coasts and warm sands! and sea the colour of that tea pot! Such lovely stuff... can't believe you picked up 18 dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you're feeling better, what a lovely range of presents from friends:) Also - 18 dresses in one visit? That's like the op shopping motherload!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to read that you have been unwell, and glad that you are feeling better. Enjoy your time on the Sunshine Coast, my family visited there about 4 years ago and thought it was wonderful. I agree, 18 dresses is a motherload of dresses, well done. I do hope you have a lovely time and looking forward to reading your blog when you are back on line. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a lovely relaxing time on your holiday. You deserve it!
    Gorgeous gifts from your friends - I'm sure their love and kind thoughts have really helped.
    Gorgeous frock! You do have an enviable frock collection! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your green maxi dress is amazing! Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a wonderful holiday and hopefully lots of successful Op Shopping along the way. Thanks for visiting my Blog and if your ever in NE Victoria let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sweetie! I Thank YOU for all your friendship and support, you are a blessing to ME. I really LOVE that hilton dress..I can just see you wearing it. The Teapot looks fab amongst your other treasures. I do know you treasure it and that means alot. Happy a nice time up the coast. C XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that teapot! i've never seen anything like it!
    have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. nominated you for a blog award thing, see my blog for details

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a stunning, eye catching dress and I LOVE the blue teapot, I haven't seen anything like it!!

    Have a wonderful trip xx

    I'm running a giveaway over at my blog and would love you to enter: Jewellery pack giveaway xox

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!