Wednesday, 29 February 2012

Some Blog Lovin

While I was away from Blog Land I received a nomination for the Versatile Blogger Award from the lovely Miss Simmonds Says



Thank you to the lovely Miss Simmonds for including me & for following my blog. Your support is much appreciated.

Here's what I have to do:

After receiving the award there are several rules to follow:-
You should pass it on to 15 recently discovered blogs and let the bloggers know they have been nominated. Then you have to share 7 things about yourself. Finally thank the award giver and link back to them.

I think with my 5 Liebster blog awards below, I will pass this onto 10 blogs that I enjoy following (among the many I follow).


Here are 7 random things about myself.

1. I am the daughter of a Baptist Minister.....& as a child I set out to prove that I wasn't a goody two shoes which got me into LOTS of trouble!

2. I hate hearing people swallow.

3. I knew at the age of 13 that I would marry Mr P. I told him so & he didn't agree at the time, but obviously came around to the idea some years later & I was married at the tender age of 19. The best thing I ever did!

4. I studied to be a Drama & English teacher at Griffith University.

5. I broke my thumb walking into church one day when I tripped down the aisle in front of everyone.

6. I went to an all girls school where we wore hats, gloves & stockings everyday....even in the hot Queensland Summer.

7. My feet seem far too small for my body. We call them my pigs trotters. I can't really walk in high heels after tearing a tendon in my foot some years ago (maybe it was something to do with my feet being too small to carry my weight Lol).....so it's boring & sensible shoes for me.




I also want to say a big thank you to Sweet Caroline over at Things I Do for passing the Liebster Blog Award onto me. Caroline writes a darling blog about her op shop finds & her clever handmade creations...and we seem to share a love of birds & accessories too.

Here's some background about the award:
The idea is to give the award to a blog you enjoy and follow that has less than 100 followers.

The rules are:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. Thank the giver and link back to them.
3. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.



It wasn't easy choosing 5 out of the many blogs that I follow, but here are a selection of blogs that I enjoy reading....mostly for their love of all things vintage & their thrifting expertise! Feel free to pop on over & take a look.

1. The Secondhand Years because this gal knows how to rock a vintage maxi frock!

2. A Treasured Past who certainly has a wonderful collection of treasures.

3.  One Denim Bird because I hope to be the proud owner of one of her amazing handmade frocks one day!

4. Polkadots & Spinning Tops who shares my love of op shopping in Dunedin.

5. Boo Love Vintage because I have a soft spot for Christchurch bloggers who look fabulous in vintage.


So thank you again Things I do.....you know I would have nominated you had you not nominated me, but I got you back with the Versatile Blogger Award.

11 comments:

  1. Hi, I liked your blog and I personally invite you to join htttp://www.coollectors.com - The World's Free Collectors Zone.
    We will also be happy to cooperate with your blog such as adding its link to our site.
    All the best,
    Diane
    info@coollectors.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on the award!
    Ahhh, thanks for including me, love, that's mighty good of you! Might just have to wear a maxi for my next post to prove you are right!
    Btw, my first degree was English and Drama too! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on not just one but two awards, they are very well deserved! It was nice to read more about you, I was only thinking the other day that you must have been about 5 when you married as you both look so young! I love popping over to you blog and being inspired by your love of green and fabulous finds!

    Thank you for thinking of me and passing me the Liebster award, does it count now as the last few days I have reached 103 followers!

    Hope you are keeping dry up your way, Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey sweet thank you so much for the lovely award.
    I feel so lucky and I just love checking out your blog.
    Things are so very crazy with us at the moment, but I do hope I can do something with the rules soon. Sorry.
    love v

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You deserve it, you have one fabulous blog :) And thankyou so much for passing on the Liebster blog, I very much appreciate you thinking of me :) Will do a blog post later today on the award :) xxx Congrats again!
    P:S: I LOVE your couch and cushion collection xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award. Aw, that's sweet that you told your husband you were going to marry him when you were 13. I can't imagine having to wear hats, gloves and stockings in the heat of summer. I went to an all girls school too where we had to wear our blazers and ties and things every day but it doesn't get as hot here as in Queenslnad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Thanks so much, I didn't realise I had been awarded!
    I too did the all girls school - many moons ago! We had to wear itchy woollen trousers, mens shirts and ties in winter! But it sure did come in handy in cold Taranaki!!!

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading this has practically made my smile split my face in two! Congratulations on your awards. I love your blog! I have a thing for crochet at the moment and am quite jealous of those crochet granny squares, and I can't wait to see what you do with them. Where do you find green dresses? In Dunedin the only green clothes are available for St Patrick's Day......You are a treasure for the award. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my GOODNESS! Am v excited. :D :D :D
    squeeeeee!
    Thanks for the loving :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh we have STUFF in common!

    My Father is also a Minister. And I too set out to prove I was not little miss innocent. *hah*

    I hate hearing people chew...

    I met my man when I was 14 and we got married at 18.

    I never went to a all girl school. But I went to a Christian Academy. I had to wear itchy grey skirts, tights and blouses everyday. *yuck*

    *Congrats on your award*

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!