Thank you to the lovely Miss Simmonds for including me & for following my blog. Your support is much appreciated.
Here's what I have to do:
After receiving the award there are several rules to follow:-
You should pass it on to 15 recently discovered blogs and let the bloggers know they have been nominated. Then you have to share 7 things about yourself. Finally thank the award giver and link back to them.
I think with my 5 Liebster blog awards below, I will pass this onto 10 blogs that I enjoy following (among the many I follow).
Here are 7 random things about myself.
1. I am the daughter of a Baptist Minister.....& as a child I set out to prove that I wasn't a goody two shoes which got me into LOTS of trouble!
2. I hate hearing people swallow.
3. I knew at the age of 13 that I would marry Mr P. I told him so & he didn't agree at the time, but obviously came around to the idea some years later & I was married at the tender age of 19. The best thing I ever did!
4. I studied to be a Drama & English teacher at Griffith University.
5. I broke my thumb walking into church one day when I tripped down the aisle in front of everyone.
6. I went to an all girls school where we wore hats, gloves & stockings everyday....even in the hot Queensland Summer.
7. My feet seem far too small for my body. We call them my pigs trotters. I can't really walk in high heels after tearing a tendon in my foot some years ago (maybe it was something to do with my feet being too small to carry my weight Lol).....so it's boring & sensible shoes for me.
I also want to say a big thank you to Sweet Caroline over at Things I Do for passing the Liebster Blog Award onto me. Caroline writes a darling blog about her op shop finds & her clever handmade creations...and we seem to share a love of birds & accessories too.
Here's some background about the award:
The idea is to give the award to a blog you enjoy and follow that has less than 100 followers.
The rules are:
1. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. Thank the giver and link back to them.
3. Reveal your top 5 picks and let them know by leaving a comment on their blog.
It wasn't easy choosing 5 out of the many blogs that I follow, but here are a selection of blogs that I enjoy reading....mostly for their love of all things vintage & their thrifting expertise! Feel free to pop on over & take a look.
1. The Secondhand Years because this gal knows how to rock a vintage maxi frock!
2. A Treasured Past who certainly has a wonderful collection of treasures.
3. One Denim Bird because I hope to be the proud owner of one of her amazing handmade frocks one day!
4. Polkadots & Spinning Tops who shares my love of op shopping in Dunedin.
5. Boo Love Vintage because I have a soft spot for Christchurch bloggers who look fabulous in vintage.
So thank you again Things I do.....you know I would have nominated you had you not nominated me, but I got you back with the Versatile Blogger Award.