Friday, 13 January 2012

USA Frock Friday the 13th

I was so very happy to see the end of this week's heat wave (& the end of 2 days in bed with a migraine), which meant I could frock up to my hearts desire today. It can be tough pulling off vintage in 36 degree heat. Mr P & I ventured off to the Gold Coast which usually means a visit to 20th Century Antiques at Coolangatta & a drool over the lovely frocks at RetroSheila a few doors down. I was very restrained & only purchased a pair of boots for winter on sale at the huge Robina shopping center. I finally wore my USA 'Kay Whitner' ebay frock. It's devine black cotton fabric with a bright print & green buttons down the front at the side & one pocket. It was a steal at $9. I teamed it with a lime green vintage clutch which I found at an op shop for $1, & one of my childhood brooches. I think my neighbour was wondering what's with the photo shoot! Hehe





The $1 op shop clutch bag with a strap inside.



Fab vintage fashion at RetroShiela



I love the kitsch deer collection....so sweet!





And now to 20th Century Antiques.



We have the same radio that was Mr P's fathers very first radio, & I am pleased to say ours is in much nicer condition too.


I'd love some hanging scales to add to my collection.



Still looking for the perfect retro sideboard. This old music cabinet was pretty cool.


I did consider buying this dress, but I couldn't find any change rooms so I left it behind.






Next door there's a store called 'That Shop' with all new Rockabilly style frocks.


10 comments:

  1. Your accessories go perfectly with that gorgeous frock. Sucks about the migraine, we are having a similar heat wave bleh! I love looking at all the pretty clothes in vintage shops, if only they were in my budget. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want those deer bookends! lovely frock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is Devine, you look so lovely and green buttons yay.........love, love, love green.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is gorgeous and a total bargain. I love the button detail. I also love seeing photos of people's vintage/antique shopping expeditions. I'm glad you're feeling better after your migraine. I am prone to them in hot weather too and it doesn't get anywhere near 36 degrees here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is so bright and fun and I love all your accesories with it. I like following your blog cause now I am finding all of these new shops to visit around Brizvegas and the Goldy, so thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this dress and the accessories you wore with it especially the clutch - also I want to visit ALL these shops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweet you look so very pretty in that dress, I just love all your fabulous lime green accessories.
    Eeeeek all those gorgeous shops, be still my beating heart.
    I'm glad you are feeling better, you poor poppet.
    Love V

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look lovely, I like how quirky the dress is.

    Jessie
    coppergarden.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, I'm heading over to the Goldie to visit fam in April ... I know what shops I'll be visiting!! Love your dress BTW, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those are some great looking shops! i want the deer bookends in that case!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!