Saturday, 7 January 2012

Sail Away on Frock Friday

I wore my vintage cotton 'Sailor Girl' dress on Friday. It's navy with thin white stripes, a zip front, double pockets on the hip & a big collar. We were out shopping for a TV for my Mother in law & then I had to set it all up for her, so I thought I'd save my USA Ebay frock for a more appropriate occasion! Thought I'd better scale down the vintage for electronics haggling! But I will add a sneaky peak here....I can't wait to wear it!!! The navy dress was from the Paddington Antique Centre a few months ago. I teamed it with a red glossy metal flower that I've had since I was little.







Please ignore the size 20 tag!!! Fits more like a size 12.


Sneak peak at the USA ebay frock.....some of you will already know why I liked it!

10 comments:

  1. I always ignore the sizes! Some of mine are 16/18 and I'm a 12. It looks lovely on you. Your USA frock looks devine, can't wait to see it on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet I have two dresses that are size 22 on the label, eeeek but that's vintage. That's why I always go straight to the plus size rack in a op-shop.
    Soooooo in love with your fabulous brooch, it's so hard to find great red vintage brooches.
    Perfect with the dress!!!!!
    Love V

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm..is it the green(that drew you to it)?? lol ;).. Look forward to seeing all of it. You look gorgeous as always, in the blue stripey dress..Hope you had success with securing a good deal on the TV. C xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Beautiful Dress, really I like this, and hope you’re always happy to share this every single day,thanks a lot for your information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this dress and Ive just realised you are from Brizvegas as well. I havent been to the Paddington antique centre. I normally go to Woolloongabba, I will have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! very, very cute and the bag and shoes ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look lovely as always...love the dress on you and am a little bit jealous of your gorgeous brooch! I have a sneaking suspicion that the green of the dress made you buy it?? Love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like the dress - both of them actually. Love love love the brooch - so bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am liking the naughty nautical look very much (well it would be naughty if that zip went a bit lower, phoaarr!) Navy and white with the pop of red from that lovely brooch is perfect.
    I never worry about sizes, vintage or otherwise - if it fits and looks great, who cares? And who's looking anyway?!
    Can't wait to see the American frock, you tease! xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love this dress! I love anything sailor style though:)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!