Thursday, 19 January 2012

Sad & Bittersweet....In Memory of Michelle


My friend Michelle & I above. Michelle & her Grandad who was my Uncle Vern as well.


Today is a sad day. A lifelong friend of mine passed away today at the tender age of 30. I call Michelle's parents my Uncle & Aunty even though they aren't, but we've known their family since before I was born so it only seems natural. Michelle's Grandad was like a second Grandad to me. So many of my memories of growing up include having Uncle Vern around.  Michelle was a fun, friendly & loving soul, & my times grocery shopping wont be the same without running into her & Aunty Gwenda. So during a day of tears & memories, it was a sweet surprise to receive a little package in the mail today from the lovely Miss Vanessa of Two Squirrels Vintage. Inside was a lovely bird card & a little silver Tui bird brooch pin with a splendid vintage hanky in my favourite colour combination green & pink. I love it. Thankyou dear Miss V.....you've really brightened a sad day.





17 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I'm glad Vanessa's parcel was able to put a smile on your face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences on your loss. That little brooch is gorgeous. I'm glad at least there was one bright spot in a sad day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Thinking of you my dear friend XX C

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet we are so very sorry that you have lost a dear friend. It must be so very heartbreaking.
    I am thankful in all that has happened today a small ray of sunshine came with the we thank you parcel I sent.
    I am sure there will be many tears and sad days to come, please know you and your family are in our thoughts.
    Love and squirrel hugs
    Vanessa & Warren

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry for your loss. Thoughts for you and Michelle's family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for your loss, thinking of you and all that knew Michelle X

      Delete
  6. Oh thats so sad VBD I feel for you.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear about your friend.
    D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that's so sad. Perhaps your lovely bird brooch from Vanessa can act as a little memento of Michelle - wear it and think of your friend who has gone, and it can also be a reminder to cherish the loved ones who are still here. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lovely idea. Thanks for the kind words. Xx

      Delete
  9. I am so sorry to read about the passing of your friend...big hugs and kisses xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry for your sad news. My condolences to Michelle's loved ones. Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to read of the loss of your dear friend. Treasure the happy memories and smile through the tears, and know that your blogging friends are thinking of you. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  12. O,love,sorry to hear such sad news.
    Please Vanessa's parcel was timely,and a small diversion.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so sorry to hear your sad news, I lost a good friend of mine when she was 29 an it was a huge shock. It's amazing how much something as simple as a small package can brighten your day when things are difficult. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. so sorry for your lose. what a tragedy to loose someone so young.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about your friend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!