Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Billiard Balls

I seem to have a bit of a thing for balls. I don't know if this is strange or a more common phenomena among vintage types. I have 2 sets of old lawn bowls balls which I've found at op shops. I love the old cases they come in & now I have balls all over our house. I've been looking for some billiard balls for a while, & I finally found some on a local garage sale website. I'm not exactly sure where they look the best, in a vintage bowl or on some vintage scales....maybe I'll go with both.







I got these old red scales at the 2010 Caloundra Antique Fair.




One of the vintage bowls bags I've found at a local op shop. Miss J & I stalked a man who had it in his hand, but thankfully he left it behind!




Balls on Nana's cabinet.


My $5 bowls case with balls from a Wynnum op shop.





Balls in every room.


There are even balls in my bedroom!

10 comments:

  1. You do love balls! I really like the display with the scales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the billiard balls in the bowl. The bowls bag and case are fabulous too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the billiard balls on the scales with Rubbix Cube.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're the first ball freak I've come across!Hey,balls are lovely,why not collect them?!The do look fabulous,the way you're displaying them!I'm gaga for that bowlong bag,I saw one not too long ago and really wanted it,but it was out of my price range...poos! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some old pool balls on display too, they are so colourful why not. I did buy an old lawn bowls bag with the original contents and a $2 note inside, with the details of the owner. Too precious to see it go to the tip. It is stored away in the shed now, maybe I should bring it out, they look great as book ends. I love your little green truck. Tam x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them with the scales! Thanks for the follow which now means I have discovered your wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hehehe! Your post has given me the giggles! Not because I have a dity mind or anything....Ha! I love the idea of the billiard balls...not so inspired by the lawn bowl balls though...I think its the brightness of the billiard balls that gets me going! Love the display on the scales and in he vintage bowl! Definately keep them both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute I love the old bowls bags but didnt think of buying coz of the balls.I love billiard balls too and the olours are great may have to rethink me leaving them behind now lol Only balls I usually buy are marbles and cant resist dice not fluffy ones tho.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me, I like the vintage bowl, because it looks clean and organize than the scale that is rusty.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!