Wednesday, 18 January 2012

Betty's Beauties Part 3....Jim's Tins & Things

This is a collection of tins & things that belonged to Betty's husband Jim. I'm so glad I got the chance to salvage some things before it all got cleared out! It means so much more that it came from someone who has been such a special friend to me....despite our age difference!

Jimmy's original school mathematics instrument set from the 30's.



Jim's wooden school pencil case from the 30's.



 Another tin for the collection.


A wonderful old wooden Japanese box complete with lock & key & a bird on top....divine!


Filled with interesting old things.




And some old collector cards.



A London make Rubber Stamp pad tin.


A very early medicinal tin of Seidlitz Powders...kind of like bakers powder by O & E Morton in England.



 But to my delight there was a treasure trove inside of old pins, coins & war time buttons plus a funny little looking glass.



12 comments:

  1. Love it all, especially the little bits and bobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love all the old bits and pieces, the Japanese Box is my absolute favourite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of those tins and bits of bots , I am in heaven just looking at the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love looking at theses fabulous treasure boxes!!! The box with the bird is beautiful and has gone to the perfect person.
    I wore the dress you sent and will be showing it tomorrow, are you ok if I link to your blog? Hope the wee special present has made it to you.
    Love V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Squeak!!!! I can't wait to see the frock on you Miss V. Oh course a link would be an honor! Nothing has arrived in the mail as yet but I will keep my birdy eyes peeled! Love. Xx

      Delete
  5. So much loveliness in one post. Nice to see vintage with a masculine edge too.
    It must be an honour for you to be chosen as the caretaker of Jim's special things.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful is it you can love all those pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely bunch of tins for your collection! Those pins are lovely I'm glad you saved them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vintage tins and boxes never fail to delight me - especially if they contain interesting things! What a fascinating collection. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. that mathmatics tin is so cool! i love seeing little collections that belonged to other people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those old tins. Especially the goodies inside.
    D
    x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!