Monday, 12 December 2011

Show & Tell....A Couple of Thrifted Frocks

I thought I'd show you some of the frocks that I purchased last week at the nursing home op shop. This is a selection of the ones I won't keep, either because they don't fit me or suit me. I'll add some more later in the week. If you are interested in purchasing any of them just let me know, as I'd be more then happy to send them to you.






This is a lovely deep pink frock by 'Jakik' of Sydney. It is in great condition & would fit a size 12 or 14. It's a light poly fabric & it slips over your head with an elasticized waist. I love the fabric, but the length of the waist just doesn't suit me, as I need more of an empire line coming from the bust. I'll put it on Ebay or Etsy when I get the time!






This handmade frock is so kitsch! It's made from a light seersucker cotton fabric, with stripes in pink & grey. I must say the grey applique bird is just fab. It has a drop waist that drops at an angle which is a bit unusual. It has a rounded neck at the top & a slight V-neck at the back. I'd say it's a size 10. It's one size too small for me so this one will eventually be sold.

2 comments:

  1. Both are cute, so 80s!! Pls can you get rid of the word veri?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so adorable! I love the flamindo applique.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!