Tuesday, 27 December 2011

Hawaiian Frock....What Do You Think?

So I wasn't quite brave enough to venture out in my vintage Hawaiian frock, but I took a photo to see what you guys think? I probably need to do a closer pic so you can see the details. Hubby likes it which is always a good sign, but I feel a bit over done in it somehow, & I've never worn this kind of style before. I'm not sure about the length, & whether it would look better taken up a bit at the hem, or if I will just look like a giant puff ball with it shorter as the skirt is fairly full? Let me know what you think about the length. I teamed it with a cool & quirky green owl necklace by  Kellie Christie, & a green glass ring by Each to Own. Both are very talented jewellery artists from Brisbane. I was spoiled with 3 Kellie Christie pieces for Christmas, as well as 2 necklaces secretly purchased during our last trip to New Zealand. And so the jewellery collection keeps on growing! ;)




The length is mid calf...wondering whether I should bring the hem up to knee level?


I guess you've figured out by now that I kinda like green things!


This cutie pie wooden owl necklace is double sided!



 It's a green button necklace with a squirrel in the center....reminds me of Miss Vanessa of Two Squirrels yet again.



A Deer brooch in black & white.


My  mum bought me the lovely birdy frame necklace when they were in Christchurch, & hubby gave me the sweet double sided New Zealand vintage postage stamp necklace by Katy Grace....so the collection keeps expanding!



8 comments:

  1. Love it all! Keep your eyes on the blog for the surprises I will be releasing in the new year....all handmade and bird inspired, I'm pretty sure the collection will keep growing! Love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry about your tummy, you really don't need to. I think it looks lovely, very flattering. If you can be bothered you could take up the hem just a little bit so it sits just under your knees, but that's just a suggestion because really, what do I know about fashion!
    I love the stamp necklace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress is gorgeous - the fabric is divine and your accessories are beautiful. I think you look lovely, and I agree with Kylie, maybe a little more leg on display...below the knee would be ideal. I hope you and your family have had a lovely Christmas and I am looking forward to reading more of your blog in 2012. Very best wishes, P-R

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need a couple of big petticoats, this will balance the overall look and raise the length without doing any sewing. Different shoes and some shapewear and you're set.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it would look better a little shorter, but I also like Kitty's idea of some big petticoats as that would balance things out a bit & make a feature of the full skirt. We'll see if I'm brave enough to wear it in public!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had no idea you were into all this!! Now I really want to go shopping with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to go shopping with you Nerida....I had no idea you were into it either. We could always hit the Gabba antique center together sometime :)
    I ended up bringing the dress hem up to my knee & it looks more wearable already. Just have to get my personal seamstress (my Mum) to sew the hem for me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dress looks great on you.. I agree the hem up a little probably makes it even better :). Loving all the new additions to the jewellery collection! C

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!