Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Good Golly Miss Molly

Today is day 2 of the op shop dress pile. These are a few frocks that have the name 'Molly' written on the tag. Poor Miss Molly must have left the nursing home....if you know what I mean. But she did leave behind some cute old frocks, so thank you  Miss Molly. The volunteers said people are often turned off by having names printed on the clothes. I must say it doesn't bother me one bit. I think it adds to the history of the item. Let me know what you think. Would you buy clothes with someone else's name on them?





This sweet 'Molly' dress is a light crepe poly fabric in a sweet pastel floral. It has a lovely pleated skirt, with a fabric tie belt. It's a size 10-12, & although I really like it, again the waist sits a bit too low on my not so skinny tummy. If only I had a tiny waist like the ladies of 50 years ago!




This is the second 'Molly' dress. It is in a light pastel fabric, with a button front & a cute matching belt. I really like the pockets on the front. This one would be a size 10....a tad too small for me. My Mum really liked this one. I'm keeping a couple of other 'Molly' dresses for myself, so I'll show them to you another day.

3 comments:

  1. I don't have a problem with names inside the dress at all, more character don't you think? They sure are some sweet dresses. You have some lovely op shop ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love a name in any vintage finds. I am like you the garment is always to be known by the previous owner name, I to have Miss Molly's, Miss Florence's and many many more. Happiness.... V

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love finding little things like names....it is all part of the exciting history that you are wearing! Love xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!