Friday, 9 December 2011

Frock Friday

Today was one of those exciting op shop days. It was the nursing home op shops last trading day for 2 months, & I dropped in thinking there wouldn't be much treasure since my last visit. Well I was wrong! The lovely ladies had put aside a rack of retro dresses for me, plus it was fill a bag for $6. I must say my heart rate quickened when I saw the vintage lovelies, & I took home 18 (yes 18!) vintage frocks. I'm still deciding which ones I'll keep & which I will on sell, but at the moment it's about 6 for me & 12 for ebay. I will miss my Friday visits & the wonderful volunteers, but I will eagerly await the re-opening next year!

Today's ensemble came from this years Brisbane Vintage Fashion Fair. The dress is a green floral cotton  vintage 'David Jones' dress with nice straps that attach with buttons.  I wore it with a little bolero made out of vintage tea towels. It uses 2 different tea towels with rick-rack detailing. How I love rick-rack, & I have taught my husband so well, as now he gets excited when he sees rick-rack. I think he just likes saying it to tell the truth! I wore a little wooden birdy brooch on the bolero. I seem to be going through a brooch phase, & will now wear one at any opportunity!






8 comments:

  1. This oufit is beyond gorgeous! That bolero you made is stunning and so clever, tea towels who would of thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 18 dresses? you lucky birdie you!! Cant wait to see them

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, what a lovely outfit, you look gorgeous! Like Nelly, I am looking forward to seeing the dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute bolero! Wow, that is a lot of dresses!

    Thanks for popping in. I have added you to my blog list. Have a great weekend, Tamara x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Give us a link to your ebay listings and I'll keep an eye out for anything I want.xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 18!!!!!! dresses, that is the best day ever.
    Love the bolero, perfect with the fresh wee green dress.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the D.J. frock but I love the tea towel bolero even more, it's gorgeous, did you make it yourself?

    I cannot believe you bought 18 dresses in one day, from one shop! Wow! can't wait for a little sticky-beak at some of them x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your lovely comments :) I've spent today washing some of the frocks so they can find a new home. I doubt I'll ever find 18 dresses at the one time again! I didn't make the bolero...wish I was that clever, but the design is very simple & a great way of re-using wonderful tea towels!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!