Friday, 2 December 2011

Frock Friday

Well I figured I'd try to do a post each Friday about one of my frocks (okay I got the idea from KittysVintageKitsch)...sometimes with me in it but not today. The weather in Brissy today was just how I like it, grey skies, with a cool breeze. It meant I could finally wear one of my thicker poly frocks without perspiring which was a nice change for the start of summer. I love winter, & I really long for those cool & dark days throughout our long, hot summer. This frock is from my favourite local nursing home op shop. It only opens one day each week, & next week is the last day for the year :( I will really miss all the lovely ladies who volunteer at the shop....especially my grade one teacher Mrs N. They all keep their eyes out for vintage treasure for me, & they always laugh at the things I take home.

Anyhoo...back to the frock! Green is my absolute favourite colour, & I love the bright green cotton fabric with little white spots, & the nice panel of stripes at the bottom of the dress. It has lovely thick straps & comes with a tie belt. Just a pity it's one size too small, but I'm keeping this one with the hopes of fitting into it one day! For now I keep it on display in my bedroom.

Green dress-thrifted $3. Trilby hat $2-Suitcase Rummage. Tooled bag-thrifted $6.



6 comments:

  1. Nice! But you should be wearing it for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me Kitty I would if I could get the zip done up! Love your latest frock pic too. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That wee dress is super cute!!! My $3 op-shop green polka-dot shoes would look yummy with it!!!,
    Hmmm I too have a couple of in waiting dresses hoping that the zip will do up next time.....
    V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love the dress - it looks like its the shade of green which reminds me of granny smith apples. I like the idea of having a dress on display - if only my room were big enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooohhhhh.....would you consider selling it? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll think about selling that one....It's one of the 'maybe one day I'll go down a size dress'. It's a size 8-10 but it's pretty fitted at the top.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!