Friday, 30 December 2011

Final Frock Friday for 2011

For my final Frock Friday of the year I wore my new Ebay purchase for the first time. I was pretty excited about this dress because it was one of those rare vintage pieces that had never been worn before, with the original tags still on, & the original smell lingering too if you know what I mean! The brand is "Finlaw" & it is made of the cutting edge fabric "T-Lon"....triacetate & nylon, which is supposed to be wash & wear. I like the black & white geometric print, & I was so very happy that it is the perfect fit too. I can't believe I only paid $1.29 for it. I almost felt bad about paying so little for it. But good for me no one else was bidding on this one I guess! Thanks for your support during the first couple of months of my blog, it's been a lot of fun for me, especially after a pretty difficult year for my family. Here's hoping 2012 brings many wonderful moments & blessings for us all. Love. Xx




I teamed it with a vintage Sarah Coventry ring & my vintage typewriter bracelet. Plus my Kellie Cristie deer brooch....a bit hard to see amongst all the black & white!


My thrifted 'Footrest' T-bar heels.


Yipee for the original tag!!!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome score, especially with it never being worn before. I love Sarah Conventry, I have an inherited rose cameo brooch that is dear to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding dresses with the original tags. I actually get sad when I have to remove them wash it. I love the black and white print, it was a real bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tha pattern rocks what a great find.Happy 2012 to you miss birdy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes nelly is right, we shall have to call you Birdy now :)

    I'm usually in the shop Wednesdays and Thursdays (but not this coming Thursday) and we give blogger discounts.

    Looks like you've got some great retro stuff on that cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous dress and it fits you perfectly.

    Wishing you a wonderful New Year and a year full of happiness, good health and all things wonderful, Tam x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!