Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Childhood Memories.....Vintage View Master

I have referred to my collection of old view master reels from my childhood in the post Sisters Suitcase. I am particularly fond of my 'Peanuts' & 'Herby' reels, but I haven't been able to find the actual view master machine. So I was delighted when I saw Nelly was selling one on her blog. It came to me in the original packaging as a Walt Disney Anniversary gift pack, with the same view master that I had as a child, plus 7 other reels to view. They include 'Chip & Dale' the chipmunks, Mickey Mouse, Rumpelstiltskin & a few other Grimm fairy tales, 3 Little Pigs, Little Red Riding Hood, Snow White & Zorro & Bugs Bunny. I can't figure out what year they were released, but I guess it would have been the late 1970's. It's funny now to think this was once a cutting edge gift, & that I got so much pleasure from looking at those little 3D pictures. Life was so simple then....but that just means I'm getting old!


My original reels.


My new old view master complete in packaging.



7 new (to me) reels come in a snazzy little reel case!

7 comments:

  1. So glad you getting so much fun from it.My grandkids would look at me funny if U gave it to them to play with lol I still have my viewmaster from when I was little plus a red one but no box anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love a good view-master - I have a few here & a couple of reels, Punk likes to look at them too which is cool. I found a website a couple of days ago that will turn your own photos into reels - how cool is THAT?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the lovely Nelly! I didn't have one as a kid but they're pretty cool to look through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nelly's the best isn't she? I used to love sitting back for a bit of viewmaster action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the memories!.. I loved my viewfinder too, such a pity I don't still have it and all the 'reels'.. C x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful collection of Disney Viewmaster reels you have there! I’m glad you have some of your childhood memories intact. Treasure them my dear, precious memories live forever.

    Francesca Slone

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!