Monday, 28 November 2011

Tooled Bag Trio

I think one of the worst things about writing a blog about my collections is the fact that my friends will now be aware of just how much stuff I have.....& that could get embarrassing! Hehe.
I have had a few tooled leather handbags along the way, which have been sold on to fellow devotees. For the moment these are the 3 that are currently on rotation, although I don't use them everyday because I am a BIG handbag kind of girl, & these beauties just aren't quite BIG enough for all the stuff I carry around all the time.



This one would have to be my favourite. It's very big for a tooled bag, I've never seen another one this large. The only issue with that is it gets very heavy! The leather is so thick & the tooled flowers are lovely. It's still in perfect condition. I got this one on ebay for only $10 which really seemed like a steal!


This is the second largest. I like the little pocket that sits under the flap on the front for extra storage. The colour is a perfect tan & it has a nice plaited shoulder strap.



This was my latest tooled find from a local op shop for $6. It's slightly smaller (to me anyway...but my sister would consider it big!), & it has a lovely lock clasp detail on the front. The tooled detail is really pretty & again in new condition. I think that's the beauty of a good tooled handbag....they seem to get better with age.

2 comments:

  1. I love all three of them. I have just bought a gorgeous one for my daughter. I don't use handbags very often though...hmmm, not sure why? I guess I feel uncomfortable carrying them and I get all flustered when I can't find what I'm looking for...I usually carry a clutch or largish wallet (quite impractical sometimes, I'm always asking my husband to put my lippy in one of his pockets etc) When I was little I used to think having a handbag meant you were a grown-up...I suppose despite my age I still haven't got there yet. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree with a handbag making you grown up.
    I'm loving the crochet blanket backgrounds for your photos. Such knitting has a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!