Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Retro Lamp Makeover

I've been on the hunt for one of these lamps for ages. I finally found one on ebay....going super cheap! It's in original condition from the 1950's, in full working order....Yipeeee! Only problem is I didn't really like the colour of the lamp shades. So project lamp shade was on, & I considered re-covering them in fabric, or painting them. I wanted to keep the original shape rather then replace them with something modern. So I ended up spray painting the shades, & for a total non-crafty person like me, I was pretty pleased with the results.
   
              The lamp before.....




     The lamp after......




        The lamp at work......


1 comment:

  1. I'm such a fan of your patchwork/knitted couch adornments. Reminds me of my Grandma.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!