Friday, 25 November 2011

Hot & Humid

It's not officially summer yet but this Queensland heat is already getting to me. So hot & humid. It really is the enemy of vintage dressing, as I feel like I'm about to combust in my polyester Nana frocks! Oh to be able to wear nice vintage coats, but I really do live in the wrong place for that. My hubby & I say that when we retire we might move somewhere cold....maybe to our beloved New Zealand or Tassy. But will I still be wearing Nana frocks when I am a real Nana??? Anyway, in honor of the heat, this post is about our retro fan, given to us by our friend Leon. He had it when he was a boy, & it still works after all these years. It's a Revelair & I think it dates back to the early 1970's.  I'd still love a really old fan, so I'm keeping my eye out for a blue or green one. I may as well try keeping cool in vintage style!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Leisa

    love your blog and your comment about wondering if you will still wear Nana dresses when you really are a Nana made me smile...I wonder what I'll be wearing when I get older too.

    I think your retro fan is fab, even though it's not as old as you'd like it's still really cool as are all the treasues you've shown in your other posts. Love those little birdy s&p shakers. Sweet. Must mention that awesome starburst clock too. And for $40. Wow!

    I'm looking forward to reading more posts from you x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an old green ( I think fan) Green being my fav colour I may end up sellling it (only a maybe at this time ) when I get to that section of my shed so stay tuned.It would need elecricals checked tho

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh keep me posted Nelly....I'm still on the look out for another fan. Old and green and I'm sold! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!