Thursday, 24 November 2011

The Bird is the Word



I found these cute kitsch birdy glasses at my local Salvos. At $1 each I couldn't say no. Anyone who knows me knows the bird is the word in our house. I think it all started when I got my first budgie back in 1994. I've had a soft spot for feathered friends ever since. I'm sure there will be plenty more bird posts to come!




This is one of my absolute favorite birdy treasures. A dear friend of mine named Betty who is nearly 80 passed these salt & pepper shakers onto me when she moved into a smaller home. The are a Japanese porcelain. I love the way the birds hang on the little tree with a couple of tiny birds underneath.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, these birds are so cute...and in perfect condition!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!